Tuesday 12 October 2010

Making A Web Band/Banner Thing

12/10/2010



Today we had to create a Web Banner that had to advertise http://www.postsecret.com/ but we could use the things off  our Postcards we made in introduction week as well.

I concentrated primarily on the Sun and Rain from my postcard and added a few things that represented me but wanted it to be small, so I chose the Implings from Runescape and intergrated them with my other pictures.

First we had to research various websites with banners on them. Here are websites that I use regularly that have Web Banners on them:








I chose to use a http://www.newgrounds.com/ banner which can be seen here:


I made a new document in Photoshop and it had the exact dimensions of what it was, then I was all set to get creating my Web Banner.




 Here are some various pictures that I used, mostly the little Implings.






I gave my WebBanner a cloudy background and locked the layer. Then I added the sun and the rain on the other side of where they were going to finish, I then made a layer each time and moved it once, then made another layer and so on. I also did the same thing with the Imps.




For the "Post Secret" logo I right clicked on it and it came up with this "Bevel and Emboss" I used this piece if software to make it  look all crumply and than appear as if it was a secret.


I then went into Adobe Imageready and with the layers I made I created my Animated Web Banner (making the layers that were not being used invisible so that the layers that are visible with the same image do not overlap.)


Eventually I created my Web Banner in Imageready. Here is the information about it:

And here is my final Web Banner, all working and animated:




Enjoy

Adam

PS: Here is my postcard that I made in introduction week based on PostSecret Cards:


GIF - (Graphics Interchange Format) is a bitmap image format for pictures.  GIF files employs lossless data compression so that the file size of an image may be reduced without degrading the visual quality. It cant be used for photographs and is popular in creation web logos and any pictures/images with 256 colours.


Software Used - Adobe Photoshop
Image Ready

The favourite tools that I used in these were the adding layers and Bevel and Emboss which I had found by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment